Friday, December 01, 2006

Hi all!


The following is a mirror of Jaywalk's site. The standard chartered marathon is taking place on the 3rd of Dec, 2006, which is this SUNDAY!! Of cos, this time, the RFF won't be getting funds for their running. Instead, they are running to thank those who have helped, big or small.

But wait! this doesn't mean that once RFF isn't getting any funds this year, we can take a breather and keep away the money/sweat....In fact, I was slightly upset because I had already saved a bit for this purpose.

If you are doing it as I have done, then why not shuttle to others who need the help? I'll be splitting to MILK and ST Pocket Money Fund.


While the year is ending, let me wish you all a fantastic Christmas December ahead and while you are mulling over what to get for your family and friends, remember there are kids out there worried over more difficult things.


Another idea: How about doing a donation in your loved ones' name? My Uncle recently donated $5 under my name for the Cancer Foundation, which is quite touching. If the operator had not called me to confirm my IC no., I would not have known about it. So you go, Uncle V! i promise not to call you uncle ever again after this. :)

Without further ado, here's the mirror. :)

Dear All,

This week, we have featured folks who shared their thought on how we can all contribute to plug small gaps in our welfare system. I hope it has triggered some thoughts on how you can make a difference to someone's life. It need not be a $10million donation to a foundation. It just needs to be an act from the heart.

Maybe you can buy a cup of coffee for the cleaning Ah Soh in your company who is struggling to make ends meet.

The principle stays the same. If you don't do anything about it, there can be no change. As Ghandi said, "Be the change you want to see in this world."

I would like you to leave a comment on how you will be a change agent in your small way.

My parting words...

"The smallest good deed is better than the grandest intention"

- Adrian


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: