Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Been much too busy to write blogs recently, so here's another audio blog. It's about jogging...hheeh...ya, fairly...as usual, things are never this simple.
Tragedy in the making, so pls heed the Moral of the Story in this one. It's no Joke hor, this really hurts.:)
Hope you guys have a great time with this and I'll update on you guys soon!
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
My best female fren, Miss N, is the special guest star. Hey Miss N, I absolutely think you are, like, the bravest person I've met. So mext time, we do something like that, perhaps you won't need me to be present at all? I shall utterly disappear from the whole episode, muahaha...
The blog is a bit long because it's a conversation. But still, I'd like to remember it this way. it'll go down in history. Hope you all enjoy this!
To jay, thanks for the wishes and sorry to keep you waiting, but the entry had to be edited...wah lau....fricking took a long time to edit this and yet still so long....haiz...that's what happens when frens get together.
For the rest of you guys, take care and have fun! :) yippee! :)
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Hiya! I just thought that being the procrastinator that I am, I’m probably a bit late in typing this entry out now, since it is about the thoughts I have for 2005. But then, the best time to write these thoughts should be in the year 2006.
1. I have finally stopped studying. I still cannot begin to describe the immense joy I derived from the simplest things like a) being able to have a holiday like CNY, X’mas with everyone else instead of spending it all alone in the culture lab staring at cells and washing test-tubes. b) having money to have nice food every once in a while and not worry. C) the joy of sleeping in on a Sunday without having a nightmare over my experiments.
2. I finally started a blog in feb?? Oh yah, it’s about the most exciting thing in my life, apart from another more exciting thingy. It started out because of the now-defunct Bubblemuche.blogspot.com, who is my eternal idol. Eternal Idol, that is, until the day I saw a pic of this hansem young man in Pilot Uniform. My whole image of the slipper-toting, singlet-wearing, skinny, bespectacled loser was thrown out of perspective. Of cos after you see something like that, it’s no longer possible to treated Neo Chee Beng as a Loser anymore, but like someone who writes loserishly….ahem…which really means he has nothing much to lose.
3. I sang this hokkien song that made it to Straits Times. I got a call from a fren in China who fairly shouted into my ears at 9am in the morn that I am Famoose! Nonsense, I say, I just sang a song. But the hoo-haa continued until I felt more comfortable removing the link. I don’t really want to do a Bubblemunche. I also partially destroyed Chuikueh’s ear-drums, and some funnyman made something out of the JPB as to truly truly embarrass the heck out of me. Muahaha…wouldn’t you like to know….
4. I got together with my best friend in the biggest sense of the word and soon to be in Holy Matrimony. ‘Nuff said or I shall start bawling again.
5. My nephew was born and I held him in my arms when he’s a month old on New Year’s Day. The feeling is indescribable. He was soft, smells real nice and was so jelly-like that his head kept flopping about. Although his vision is blur and he can’t see me, I still think he’s smiling at me. And when he cries, my heart thumps in fear that I could have hurt him in any way. Oh man, I shall have to think carefully about Motherhood….but a Mother I’ll be, by hook or by crook.
6. Someone says I’m mature……*crack* muahahahhahaha…….*wipes tears*
7. I met some friends that I’m super-duper happy to keep. U know who you are! Swee!
8. I found out about the light on the other side via the colonoscopy experience. Truly horrendous but wow, did it make a great entry!
9. My very favourite entry was one of the less popular ones. Yah, it’s the TS theory.
10. My mum had Dengue fever and I almost lost her. 2 weeks in the ICU and 1 foot thru Death’s door. Sometimes ppl need trauma like this to slap-bang their heads to accept the revelation that it is NOT embarrassing to tell your parents you love them. Fast along the heels of this knowledge is that there is indeed, a higher being and entity, that really exists. There is no need to prove such a thing, it is something that you know and realise.
11. Love is still overrated. Having great companionship, like your favorite pillow, and your most comfortable shoes, shall emerge king after the heart-thumping and roller-coaster mood swings have died down. On the other hand, familiarity often breeds contempt, which is why when I’m in the same roof with my parents, we can get shouting matches, but when I stayed in the hostel, I missed them to bits and went home as much as possible to enjoy their company. When I stay with them, I shut myself in my room. When I’m not, I take long strolls with them in the neighbourhood garden. But of cos, knowing this fact is not an excuse, it should a step towards improvement. It’s working, I think, but I need to try harder.
12. I’ve got my first Hate comment….but I deleted it becos as somebody told me, it’s easier to click ‘delete comment’ than it is to crank your brain to try and reason back. Yupz, what a genius, Z! *kowtow*.
13. I’m never going to finish my senses meme, mostly becos er….I ran out of topics for hear and smell. I have ear-wax buildup and I’m now harbouring a cold. I don’t really think anyone wants to read how well my ear-wax has been doing or how much my nose welcomes the tissue.
14. And it's never easy to say it, but I realised I was a funnier writer last time. I just read some of the older entries, esp Trim-My-Fat-Ass and I was hollering like nuts. OTOH, when I read the latest ones, I barely cracked my lips....hmmm...
15. And the biggest understatement of year 2006: Lots of things have happened in 2005.
Thanks for reading!