Sunday, July 17, 2005

Crush Compilation

If you are an early bird to my blog, you would have read about this love-hate thing I have with crushes. I have crushes on any number of people who represented a certain ideal. Head Prefect in primary school days was a particular hit with me. I had a crush ever since puberty on every single guy who became the Head Prefect, no matter how geeky/nerdy/skinny/fat he looked.


I also crushed the Class Joker during secondary school, not just from my class but Jokers from every other class. It definitely had something to do with our school being very communist and therefore very militant. We had a school anthem that sounded very much like all of Chairman Mao’s Communist Propaganda songs. Guys cannot have hair touching the lower half of the neck, that’s OK, but girls cannot have long hair unless they are dancers from the Chinese Dance Troop.


Like, huh? No long hair? Once my swimmer friend trained so hard her hair got bleached brown by the sun. The discipline mistress made her dyed it Black.



Subsequently, in the midst of onset of puberty and teenage angst, we were made into clones of each other. We all looked the same, guys and gals alike. U can only differentiate the 2 sexes apart by the 2 extra bumps on the chest. But then, some girls, however much they wished for it, don’t have breast and some guys, however much they deny it, have them, so gender Identity crisis abound. To avoid embarrassment, relationships took a backseat and studying became the main aim. U could say that our Principal was a man with very far sightedness, becos he surely missed all the looks of hatred from the angsty teenagers he himself created. We are not just co-ed, we are uni-sex......



We represented humanity if humanity didn’t f**k .....



Those were the days lah........me teeming with hormones, heart pumping hard beneath my bumps (thank goodness I had them) whenever my crush breezed by......sighz.....



Fast forward ............*whirrrrlllll*....................to Uni-days:



I had a crush on the:



  • Hostelite Dude

    He who always look so sexily unkempt in flip-flops and tousled hair.


    He is always late, looked like he never slept (which is true *snigger*) and always borrowed lecture notes from the girls. Obviously the girls gave him what he asked for and more *snigger*. I was never chosen to be a lecture-note-giver although I took notes aplenty (whenever he was around). I think it’s mostly becos my handwriting look like chicken scratchings but physically, I also obviously did not make the cut. Sadly, looking good and writing pretty are mutually exclusive from me.



  • Dean-Lister

    He who was a perfectionist.


    He didn’t care who was on his team as long as he took charge of the whole project. Good for lazybones like me who just hung on and did whatever he asked….knowing full well he’ll change everything anyway and do the whole thing himself instead. But in the end, everyone would get A+ for the project ......hehehe. A good Dean-Lister to have a crush on is one who is never jealous abt anyone else’s results becos he’s already too high up there for the likes of us small fries to aspire. So he is actually very friendly and will freely give away his notes if u ask for them. He actually manage to take time off to tutor other ppl, although most of them are gals and probably half of them gals just wanted an excuse to breath the air of high IQ surrounding him.



  • Practical Partner

    He who was this useless guy who wouldn’t life a finger to pour H2O into the beaker.


    Can’t help it, close proximity at practical benches have always been high on the Science Faculty List of Lomantic Places to Meet ur Other Half. Basically, science ppl are pretty studious, we don’t chiong much and hardly ever get drunk enuff to commit pre-marital sex, so having a Pract Partner whose not half-bad-looking for the whole semester can raise a girl’s hormones into overdrive come every tues and thurs.


    Practical Partner is strongly affliated to the Hostelite Dude becos he just basically ‘nuah’ around the whole lab. I had to do everything myself. He didn’t have a bone in his body and possessed an interesting way of standing/sitting that could make any lecturer angry. He acts like ice-cream under the hot sun. He’d sit on the bench and just melt away quietly and efficiently while pandemonium rages around him.


    So he’d just go ‘nuahing’ all over his side of the bench while I would be running around like a headless chicken doing his bit of the project. But I forgive him everytime he flash me a smile when I handed him OUR results…I know lor…I so pathetic hor…sighz…




  • PE Teacher-like/Officer

    He who always wore polo tees like he plays tennis everyday.


    It took a while to notice him becos he was never very flashy, he didn’t slump and fall over the chair with a big crash when caught sleeping like the Hostelite Dude, nor gave frequent appearances on the Dean’s List/Awards list/get Highest Grade list, like the Dean-Lister, neither does he sit rotting softly in the laboratory and steal my tutorial answers like the Practical Partner.



    On the other hand, PE-Teacher is built, not like that Olympics Chao Monster, but with the swimmer’s bod which he hides under his polo tees. Once I spotted PE Teacher swimming at the NUS pool. I’m sure that his Breast-stroke, Free-style and Butterfly skills were unmatched, if only I could lift my eyes from his 6-pack to check. He had a GI haircut, the angular face and the square jaw reminiscent of all the guy PE teachers I’ve ever had. He always looked good, never a hair out of place, shirt tucked in. In fact, he only lacks a stopwatch hanging around his neck. Like all PE teachers, he is a leader, which is good for me again during project times. He is also very ‘on’ about sports and field trips, so we’d all be groaning behind him while he treks happily through the jungles of BT hill. He’ll be busy collecting insect specimens while we littered the ground with ourselves and caused a small CO2 pollution where we lay........



    Dean-Lister eventually hooked up with a Brainy Chio, Hostelite Dude remained a Bachelor and couldn’t graduate, Practical Partner tried to chase a female version of the Dean-Lister but laying across her path on the canteen floor was just not her cup of tea. PE Teacher had a short liaison with a PhD student who loved his mature dress sense, but he graduated single and went back to the SAF…




    Recently, A brought me out for dinner wearing his omnipresent polo-tee and we talked about everything under the sun…then we took a walk along Orchard road, feeling like old friends and then not. I lost my lipbalm and my lips were peeling badly, but I felt.... happy....


    He took me home and I raised my face. Following the Way of the AKK, it's obvious that i did it with less finesse and less class and more hastily than those babe-bo Korean Kims and Jungs. I had come to expect a peck on my forehead to end my lovely dates. But tonight, he didn’t just brush a kiss like he did all those times. He gave a hug that cocoons me in warmth and said, ‘Thank u for today.’

    Awwww....shucks.....*blush*

    His huge hug left me a little dazed, so I just slumped like Practical Partner/Hostelite Dude on the sofa, reliving that warm fuzzy moment until my HP beeped asking me to check my pockets...........I felt the pockets of my jeans.......




    And out came a new stick of lipbalm........



    Sighzzzz.............PE Teacher Crush is now once again back in full force.........




    Out!


    AKK :)

PS. What's ur Type of Crush?

31 comments:

Zhe Bin said...

what, who the hell cares it's raining everyday now. ni de chun tian lai le!! aww.. sweet.

*chants 'we want more!'*

= P

Jayaxe said...

Girls cannot have long hair in school? That's something I never heard of!

Jaschocolate said...

so sweet.. Ahh.. My crushes are always on outgoing guys and guys wearing specs.. heehee..

blush said...

i love the PE teachers like~
yummy! lol

Ang Ku Kueh said...

zhe bin:

i try i try! but i think will be boring to you after a while...hehehe

Jayaxe:

have! not lying! Girl's hairstyle in RV cannot be longer than 1 to 2" below the ear. Now they changed the rules already. They must have discovered there will be post traumatic experiences in late childhood...

Vanna:

U are so not alone, gal! I was one of them too. :)

chocolove:

specs? heheeh...Shu-shen look! :)

Unknown said...

If I dress up in sch uniform with tie and "head prefect" badge, on top of that a gong-gong look, you still go crazy or not? kekeke....

Ang Ku Kueh said...

blush:

*blush* hehehe...u really should see his abs...hehehe...yummy is a good description, hehe...

Lancerlord:

hehehe...u post me a pic, ok? I shall swoon on cue. we can also have a polling bid. But i swear, authority invites admiration. :) but then hor, Head prefect where got gong-gong look one? hehehe...

nadnut said...

awwwww. that is soooo sweet! :)

Anonymous said...

Crushes in one's life are what garnishes are to dishes...meant for making them attractive, interesting and deliciously-looking but NOT for eating...except for greedy pigs out there like me :)
so if you are like Piggy...indulge dear...but with moderation.
too bad my uni-crush never went to the same restaurant as me:)

potpourri said...

In secondary school days, i've always crushed sweetly on one of the oddballs in my class/school. The sidekick of the popular guy or the shy, easily forgettable guy who is exceptionally good in physics or sports. Ooh yes, and i can relate to the joker crush. I love funny guys (still do now) and i never cared about physical appearances.

Of cos that was only when i was a teenager, in love with the idea of being in love. ;)

Wallace said...

haiz.. ever since i got attached got no crushes liao...

oh wait, i once stole many many glances at a chiobu who was working out at a gym. wah, i tell you her bod ah, *phew*..

but i felt guilty after that, so i confessed to my gf. =P

Ang Ku Kueh said...

nad:

awwwwwww....i know......

duckie:

oh yes, i remember that Uni-crush....but u had so many!!! ehehe...buaya!


crunchy green apple:


oddball crushes? i totally agree with it. some the crushes I had were way out of proportion, heeheh... when everyone focused on the main star, i'd rather have the quiet one all to myself, hehehe...


wally:

u are a very nice guy...i dun think lots of guys would confess that. but saying it out meant that u dun think ur GF bod is good enuff...very thin ice there...eheheh...

kim said...

Ahhhhh.. so sweeet! If only crushes can have such beautiful twists in my life.

Anyway, my school used to prohibit long hair too! I got so deprived of long hair that I swear I'm not going to cut off my hair unless I'm in a life threatening situation.

Anonymous said...

my type is the sporty nerd which is really rare because a nerd usually likes books and how can he possibly be sporty? but yeah, that's my type.

btw, i'm not sure if i will sound stupid but may i know what ang kuh kueh means?

Ang Ku Kueh said...

Stars of Rain:

aarrgghhhh! Why do they do that to us girls? they must think that long hair can incite testosterone overdrive in mailes...sheesh! oh yah,like u, i also dun dare to cut my hair liao. :)


MilkTea:

Aiyah...sporty nerds? My lil' bro is a sporty nerd! but he too young...or else I intro...hahaah...but as big sis, he'll never be old enuff in my eyes. :)

Ang Ku Kueh is that nice red nonya cake that u see in my profile pic! no hokkien swearwords involved! :) u are not stupid, all who read me are intelligent. *apple-polisher mode* :)

Hisreason:

Dean-Lister gal huh? u are on the rite path to getting super grades without trying, hehehe... but must snatch, becos many ppl also want them. :)


Yan:

I wear glasses! or try to... :)

Anonymous said...

Wah... your inspiration lai liao hor?

Good blog.

I used to have crushes on sporty girls. Especially those who plays tennis. During school days, I haven't had the luck of meeting a golfer girl or I would have nose-bled to death.

Tempest Blue said...

Ok, i understand why you might have a crush on those stereotypes, except for the Practical Partner.

To me he seems to be more suited to Wonky Tong's 'Colleagues from Hell' list. :-)

Ang Ku Kueh said...

jaywalk:

So I'm expecting min-series of your past crushes? eheheh....and why tennis ah? ehehe...

tempest blue:

Very simple, it's a case of plain, shallow physical attractiveness. :) he look like keanu! :)

frenieactually said...

I always like the ones I dunno well. SO I always crush on accquitances around me. Like a classmate I dun talk to or my fren's fren.

Hahaha. Tat's y still single cuz the guys mus be thinking got this siao char bo dunno me who likes me.

Gingerbreadman said...

Wah, so many type of crushes. very busy leh like that. heheh.

Enjoyed the read though.

Zhe Bin said...

ah kueh jie i suddenly realised i haven't told you almost all my crushes were clever gals! i like gals who are intelligent. can have intellectual chats/convo and never get bored talking and laughing. ^^

atelierz said...

It doesn't matter what type is my crush. It's you and Mr A that I'm now having a huge "crush" on. Keep the updates coming in yea? I'm so happy for you that things are progressing! Give chance ok? =P

Ang Ku Kueh said...

frenie:

but why? issit becos the moment u knew them well enough, they are not so mysterious anymore? gosh, can i relate to that too!

sometimes like this case, its the closer ppl ard u that suddenly become like attractive strangers all over again.

Ed:

hehehe...tired meh? i tot it quite energising leh...:)

Zhe Bin:

*chortle* Want to know me? heheheh....I not intelligent but i can sure talk a lot. Hmm... i'm more crappy than conversant actually.

Li-er:

Aww...thankee, that's very very sweet! I giving chance already, take it slow. I hope he stays interested long enuff! heheheeh....:)

Ang Ku Kueh said...

man-in-blue:

hahaah...thanks ah! sure as hell my Maths is damn terok! thanks for the well-wishing! I try my best to fill u ppl in! :)


LPF:

aiyo! cute teachers and tutors!!! I totally forgot abt those! I have I have! hahahah....u r right lah. it's the little actions that make us think they really care. :)

kachuaz said...

my type of crush is da "Kan Tang" category

keke.

Zhe Bin said...

haha! no lah not with that intention, really. but i suppose in response to your post i gotta reciprocate mah. i think i've been looking for a Jane Smith all my life lah. *fantasizes*

oh actually. i also have this thing with sporty girls as well.

Finsology said...

Me like te funny type! The kind who can crack up the lamest joke which is genuinely funny. Me like the type that makes me laugh on the first meeting. Hee...-blushes-

Wallace said...

time to update your blog huh? almost a week liao...

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, first time on your blog and i think i am now hooked. Wahahaha, t'was a good laugh and that gesture of his was fwah, soooo sweet. *cough, choke*

Thumbs up! ;-P

Zen|th said...

Everybody has many crushes. My type of crush. Hmm.. That's hard to say.

Ang Ku Kueh said...

ka chuaz:

gan -dang chio! good choice! I wan also, but I cannot make it...

Averil:

hehehe...i like these too. but some of them so funny hor, they no longer serious liao...

wally:

sorli sorli!

jo:

kam-siah kam-siah....! he is very sweet hor...*blush*


zenith:

hahaha...easy lah...ur super-lovable GF lor...:) so lucky!